REDUCE ... Our CONSUMPTION: The first step to reducing our impact on the environment, is reducing the amounts of resources we consume and use. We think twice before we buy or use anything. Do we really need it? By reducing our consumption you also decrease the amount of waste we produce. ... OUR WASTE There are also many other ways to reduce waste. The opportunities are nearly endless.
Here are just a few small things which we do in Barlos Corporation.
We think before we print or photocopy! We print and copy as little as possible.
We Edit on screen, not on paper.
We use e-mail to minimize paper use.
We send and store documents like necessary papers and business proposals electronically instead of on paper.
When we must print or copy, we try to do it double-sided.
We circulate documents instead of making an individual copy for everyone.
We change the margins on our Word documents to 0.75 inches where as the default margins are 1.25. By performing this task we reduce the amount of paper we use by almost 5 percent.
OUR ENERGY CONSUMPTION
There are so many ways of optimizing energy consumption
We turn off unused or unneeded lights.
We use natural lighting instead of electric lighting whenever possible.
If we have a desk lamp, we make sure it uses fluorescent bulbs (instead of incandescent bulbs).
We keep windows and doors closed in heated and air-conditioned areas.
We turn off computers when they are not in use.
We turn off printers, especially laser printers, unless printing.
We donot use power strips to turn on all computers and desk equipment at once.
When purchasing computers and peripherals, we always buy low wattage equipment
We minimize use of screen savers and instead enable power management features
We purchase only energy-efficient products.
We have designated a box for scrap paper and use it for printing all drafts or unofficial documents. We use wasted fabric instead of poly bags to pack our shipment cartons. Werewind the wasted yarn and use it again where appropriate.
When buying any type of product, we check if it is available with post consumer recycled content.
All our water effluent passes through our water treatment plant before entering the main drain, we are trying to our level best to keep our water discharge to the minimum possible level while keeping a check on it COD and BOD.
Thinking green means being aware of our interconnectedness with the world and reflecting on the unintended damage we cause nature in the daily course of our lives. Thinking green leads to acting green - taking corrective action to make environmental responsibility a reality.
Incorporates Of Barlas On Green Program
1) WE always search for alternative materials that are more envirnmentally friendly and provide no worse than a cost-neutral comparison to current materials.
2) We are doing best to curb the wastage of energy Usage,in this concern we have energy saving program to minimize the energy consumption of iT servers, heating and cooling lighting compressed air and process equipment.
3) We are doing everything possibel to minimize the use of water in our business along with the resulting wate stream associate with water use
4) We are recoganizing our printed materials and packaging to eliminate all but the absolutely necessary elements and give priority to recycled materials. We try use the electronic data transmission wherever possibel.
5) We use non toxic material/products and practicing preventative maintenance on key systems to maximize their efficiency.
6) We minimize the need to ship materials and use electronic documents, web conferences and/or e-mail whenever possibel. when we do ship materials. we try to use the most efficient containers and carriers.